Equal Opportunity and the Academic Resources Department are again partnering to offer several 60-minute training sessions designed to address challenges that may impact faculty search committees. This training is required for all search committee chairs at least once every two years; all other search committee members are strongly encouraged to attend.
The covered topics include:
- Using PeopleAdmin, UNT’s electronic faculty applicant tracking system to make the work of the committee easier and more efficient
- Best practices for attracting a diverse and inclusive pool of highly qualified candidates
- Ways to ensure a consistent and fair process.
- Appropriate and inappropriate questions to ask candidates in furtherance of UNT’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
Training sessions will be offered via Zoom throughout the Spring 2021 semester, including:
- January 6, 2021 | 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- January 19, 2021 | 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- February 22, 2021 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- March 18, 2021 | 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- April 9, 2021 | 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- May 12, 2021 | 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
If you have technical difficulties or cannot register through Bridge, please email Equal Opportunity at OEO@unt.edu, with the date you wish to attend. Please feel free to disseminate this information through your departments or to anyone you feel would benefit from this training.