Services provided by Diversity & Inclusion (D&I):
- Learning and development consultation to determine specialized training needs
- Session materials
- Session facilitation program delivery
- Session evaluation for departmental use
- Follow-up evaluation (for sessions 4 hours or longer) to determine long-term impact and additional learning and development needs
- A long-term learning and development program strategy, if needed
- A highly informative, thought-provoking and engaging experience
Expectations from department/departmental point of contact:
- Training requests should be completed no later than one month before requested training date(s).
- Our office suggests flexibility in session schedule, suggested session length, and proposed learning and development topics based upon assessments in learning and development consultation.
- Requesters should invite departmental decision-makers (ex. department heads, deans, supervisors, etc.) who will approve the training and any participation advisements to attend the 60 to 90 minute consultation.
- Departmental representatives should send announcements, descriptions, and Outlook calendar invitations to participants detailing session dates, times, location and any pre-work needed for session.
- Departments should secure minimum number of participants as requested.
- Departments should convey expectation that individual participants self-register through UNT’s Learning Management System.
- Departments should secure a room reservation (incurring any associated costs) for your session, which includes A/V and internet access. Room specifications should be determined in the learning and development consultation.
- Departments should provide refreshments if requested by participants (breakfast and/or lunch must be provided for sessions longer than 4 hours).
Expectations from participants:
Full and active participation, and regular attendance (if a series).
- Self-registration through UNT’s Learning Management System.
- All assigned pre-work should completed for session attendance.
- Must arrive to session no later than 15 minutes after start time and stay for duration of session.
For learning and development series:
- Attend each module in proposed order.
- Remain in assigned group.
- Adhere to principles of engagement